Friday 23 February 2007

Wake up call

I received a phone call from my best friend this morning. Her father-in-law passed away suddenly. I was just at their house few days ago. He was fine and still pottering around...

Death is so final. I couldn't stop weeping when my grandma died two years ago. Though I didn't see her very much when she was alive, the thought of never seeing her again was so sad, so final.

When someone close to you is gone, you are suddenly filled with so much regrets. You should have done this or said that.... It is almost always the case because you assume the person would be there when you wake up tomorrow.

From now on, please show kindness and patience to your loved ones. Show them you love and care while they are still around. Don't wait til it's too late.

No comments:

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...