Sunday 11 March 2007

The power of music

The radio was playing slow rock, making me run sluggishly on the treadmill. Oh, how I felt like stopping. Suddenly a fast number came on and I was revitalised. I began running like a hamster on the wheel! The next song propelled me further and soon my 35-minute segment was up. Piece of cake!

That’s the power of music! I brought my niece out to the yard to gaze at stars. Upon seeing the glistening stars, we broke out into “Twinkle twinkle little stars…” all at once. The right songs can evoke all kinds of memories…your first kiss, that horrible break-up, your school days or old friends.

A song can lull you to sleep or keep you up all night. It can make you euphoric, dreamy or homesick. The right songs will make your drive home more enjoyable, or your task more tolerable.

Some of my favourite songs make me dream about going away, living simply in a beach house or in an apartment by the sea.

Don’t underestimate the power of songs. Research has shown that playing the right tunes will make shoppers spend more at the shops. Or make your child smarter.

Who knows, songs may even inspire you to make your dreams a reality…

No comments:

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...