Wednesday 4 April 2007

Routines

I like routines. Following the same routine everyday makes me feel settled and organised. I like waking up at the crack of dawn, driving the kids to school as the morning sun slowly lights up the sky, and arriving at the office bright and early.

Being an early bird gives me ample time to enjoy my cuppa while I read the papers. I even finish blogging before anyone steps into the office. I start my workday feeling fresh and ready to deal with anything that comes my way.

With a routine, I reckon the day is going to pan out nicely and there is no need to rush and feel harassed. I even have routines for catching up with family and friends, like our Friday night-outs, Saturday by the park, Sunday runs, and so forth.

I like the weekend routine of sleeping in, enjoying a leisurely breakfast, doing something fun like gardening, strolling in the park, discovering new places or doing nothing. Then there is the yearly routine of business trips, holidays with friends and family vacations. Of course routines get disrupted every now and then, but that’s ok. It’s sure to happen.

I can’t imagine my life without a routine. Everything will be out of whack. Days and months will fly by in a blur. Years will drift by before you realize that you haven’t planned or done enough for yourself and your family.

You may think my life is regimented and mundane. Well, I know routines keep me sane and happy. And, my life is not that boring.

No comments:

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...