Monday 21 May 2007

Susan my astrologer

I used to look forward eagerly to my monthly horoscope by Susan Miller who is such an engaging writer, she keeps me going back month after month. She gives an elaborate account of what's going to happen at work, in your relationship etc. Well, I still visit the website but not as religiously as before. I guess at that certain phase in my life, seeing what the astrologer had forecast seemed rather important.

I would mark my calendar with full moons, eclipse, retrogades and highlight the 'five star' days. I even planned my dates around the most romantic evenings and scheduled events around planetary alignments.

I learned to back up my data or avoid signing big contracts when my moon retrogrades in case documents get lost, communication go haywire or negotiations come to a standstill.

I still believe in astrology, only to a certain extent. I read her old forecasts and am often amazed that her predictions are pretty accurate. Of course you can’t take everything at face value because everyone’s unique, from their Sun sign to the Moon sign and the general forces affecting their lives…

Looking at what Susan has predicted for me this month makes me smile already:

Travel will be a main priority for you in the glorious month of May. (How true!) Even though you'll have work to finish up, you've decided there is no way you'll stay cooped up inside while warm breezes flutter the gauze curtains in your bedroom. (No way!) A perfect time for a short trip will be near May 2, the full moon. (The date’s a bit off but yes, we made that trip to KL on 19th!) Your sister may want to come too, and actually, this time inviting her along might be a good idea. (Not sister, but my cousin went along. Close enough!)

This month the travel bug will really bite. (Ouch!) It seems you may also have your eye on taking a longer journey - your next one would be quite adventurous and would happen this month or in June. (Yup! 2 trips in June!) With the Sun lighting your house of foreign people and foreign places, you may want to see how much French or Spanish you remember from college (That’s so right! I just borrowed 2 books from the library. Gotta learn all about Turkey!)

Oh, you wanna read your horoscope too? Check out www.astrologyzone.com.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! I have been reading her for years. She's usually about 50/50 in accuracy for me.

I was raised an Episcopalian, went to Catholic schools, and have studied astrology since I was sixteen. I don't tell that to too many people, though, so it will be our little secret... ;) Well, ours and all of your readers, I guess...

Blur Ting said...

Heh heh, what a coincidence. It's the same for me too. I realize you have to read your moon sign too as it shows your inner self. So I read Virgo and Scorpio to get a more complete picture. Very often, I find the moon sign more accurate than the sun sign.

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...