Monday 28 May 2007

These boots are made for walking

To you, this looks like a tattered pair of boots, but it's my most beloved pair in the entire shoe closet. I saw it in the men’s section at Timberland exactly 7 years ago and fell in love with it the moment I put it on. Since its maiden voyage to Europe in 2000, this rugged and dependable pair of boots has gone on many journeys with me.

Crafted in leather with rugged rivet details and a thick rubber sole, it’s the perfect role model for boots. It has kept my feet warm during winter and endured the toughest conditions. Whether we’re trudging through swamps and forest floors, crossing rivers and valleys, or walking on snow, ice, desert sand, rocks or pebbles, it has never failed me…. except once, when the rubber sole fell off while I was hiking.

I refused to throw it away. Instead I brought it to the cobbler at Mister Minute who lovingly stitched the sole back, giving it a new lease of life.

Despite its age, I think it’s still a good looking pair of shoes. So well seasoned, it fits me wonderfully and looks great with jeans, khakis and shorts. Besides, the thick sole gives me a lift, making me look a little taller.

I have been thinking of retiring this old dame but it looks like it’s ready for another adventure. Ah, just one more journey ok?

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI, guess who :?)
Yeh, talking about travelling companion, dont we all have a pair of our most trusted walking boots that never fails regardless of the conditions it's been exposed to overtime.. Very excited for you about your 5-day cycling trip. I am already picturing all this well-toned-muscular-long-legged bikers in sleek racer-bikes making each turn round the mountain-bends. U got to photograph yourself in that posture, minus the 'flustered' look... Looking forward to see that olympic-looking pose.. Enjoy right from the beginning.. Packing onwards :)

Blur Ting said...

Oh, don't tell me you're DT? Umm,we're not doing the Tour De France you know. We're cycling through lavender fields and vineyards :-)

Anonymous said...

Nope not DT. Some one who enjoys your blog, as it provides warmth that glows from within, with refreshing accounts about daily happenings :) Narrow the number of people who knows about your blog-address....think think think... hee hee

Blur Ting said...

Is that you V? Aiyo, I have many fanz you know...

Anonymous said...

not bad.. quite close.. think think think.. now u hv one more fanz....

Blur Ting said...

Julia?

Anonymous said...

Ei.. i thot u were on right track when u mention V ?

Blur Ting said...

I know liao. ML!

Anonymous said...

hey hey..

Blur Ting said...

Thanks for the nice comments. I know how you love traveling! For a moment, I thought it's an old admirer :-)

Anonymous said...

I can only imagine your 8-treasure duck.. but too difficult for me.. i cannot imagine how to flip the duck in the wok ! Sure fall off.. oouch....

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...