Tuesday 8 May 2007

Welcome home V!

It's 7.30am on a Wednesday morning. My dear friend V must have just landed at our Singapore Changi Airport a couple of hours ago. She must be tired or even jet-lagged, having flown across the world, where the sun is setting on a Tuesday evening.

Yet, she cannot deny that feeling of euphoria for she's home at last! She's been away for more than a year, how can she not be happy to walk on this ground again? I know that feeling though I have never been away from home for that long.

Whenever I travel, the excitement of being in a new place starts to dissipate after 2 weeks or so. I'll be longing to be home again. I will miss my favourite peanut pancakes, listening to Mandarin pop songs and the radio Djs chattering away on air. I'll miss my daily routines and the faces of my loved ones. The moment I touch down is a feeling of joy and relief.

Welcome home V!

1 comment:

The Real Mother Hen said...

HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
I gave the BIGGEST smile to the lady at the Immigration, because it's really so good to be home :)
It was a long and terrible trip, I need to sleep today and hopefully will be functioning by tomorrow! Plan to see you though, do gardening together :)

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...