Thursday 21 June 2007

No lunch date

It isn’t a hectic day at work. I had the sudden impulse to bring SK and mum out for a yummy Thai lunch at Holland Village today.

While driving home, I envisioned SK tucking in his favourite dish - soft-shell crab that’s battered and deep-fried till crispy, served with curry and rice. Mum could have the chicken noodle soup while I was craving for the spicy seafood vermicelli salad. We could stroll over to Häagen-Dazs for ice cream and check out those interesting shops selling curios and knick-knacks. Oh, I’d bring them to that Italian store that sells freshly baked cakes and deliciously thin and crispy pizza by the slices too!

As I drove through our yard… Oh My! All my flowers are blooming so cheerfully. I haven’t had a chance to see them under the mid-day sun. I leave for work in the morning and return in the evening.

Too bad Mum didn’t feel like going out today. SK preferred to stay home too. YK’s away at school camp. Hmm, nobody was interested to be my last-minute lunch date. I could see the images of my tantalising dishes evaporate into thin air!

I hung around, chatted with mum and cooked them some stir-fried prawn noodles. After lunch, mum went for a nap, SK played his on-line game. Even Rusty was sound asleep under the table. I guess I shouldn't hang around any longer.

So, here I am… back at the office.

No comments:

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...