Friday 1 June 2007

Thoughts from the garden

When the kids were younger, they would hang around while I worked in the garden. Of course they weren’t much help… mostly, you would find them looking for fat earthworms under the rocks or running around catching spiders, grasshoppers and ladybirds, or trampling on the flower beds in pursuit of butterflies.

Now that they are older, they don’t hang around so much anymore. For a while, all I had for company was Rusty. He would be sniffing for toads or chasing garden lizards, and always trampling on my plants, killing them in the process.

Today, I am the lonely soul in the garden. I think Rusty has grown up too. Like the boys, he prefers the comfort of the cool living room.

Come to think of it, I miss having them in the garden. Nevermind if they are pesky… Come, trample on my plants!

4 comments:

The Real Mother Hen said...

CH - Where Are You? :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, Rusty is too cute! I so miss having a dog.

Blur Ting said...

Yes, it's nice to have a dog. He sniffs at my face or scratches my bed to wake me up every day. Because of him, i never have grumpy mornings.

Blur Ting said...

CH? I kicked him out of the garden after he offered to trample on the plants! :-)

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...