Monday 24 December 2007

Christmas eve

While most people were busy with last-minute shopping on Christmas eve, I spent the day driving around the island. First stop, I sent YK to Suntec City where he was meeting some friends. I left the crowded city and joined CH for lunch in Toa Payoh. I ended up buying new pillows and bolsters since he was around to help me carry the bunch of fluffy goods.

I promised mum to get her a new fax machine to replace the cranky one at home. By a stroke of luck, CH had a new one idling at home. We picked up the machine, then stopped by my brother's house to collect turkey. A friend had given him a whole turkey, nicely marinated with curry spices and roasted to perfection. They couldn't possibly finish the whole turkey and wanted me to bring some home.

We got home, hooked the machine up, unpacked the pillows, and headed out of the door again, this time bringing SK along with us to my best friend's X'mas party. We arrived early and spent our time playing with the dogs and admiring her new fish pond while waiting for YK to arrive.

As usual, it was a great party... we ate too much! Well, it's just another day of over-eating for Blur Ting!


The olive tree in the yard is now laden with olives.

Admiring the new pond!

With Benson the beagle. The other dog in the background is Babe.

The 3 "Bs" - BlurTing, Benson and Britney.

Isn't Britney such a sweetie?

8 comments:

La delirante said...

Hi! I have been around so many shops trying to find the "perfect" tie for the shirt hubby will wear tonight. I am exhausted :( But happy, I love Christmas! :)

Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year, All the best,

Unknown said...

Those olives look huge. Have a geat holiday.
Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones

Anonymous said...

Nice doggies! Britney?? I bet she's better behaved than the real one... LOL Merry Christmas Blur...and to your family too!

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas Blur. What a busy day for you.

The World According To Me said...

Britney is a sweetie!

Sounds like a busy but good day and night.

Merry Christmas to you and your family. Hope you enjoy every second.

J@n!ce said...

Wowow... whole day of cruising around the island...

How cool to have own grown olive at the garden. :):)

Amel said...

Sounds like a WONDERFUL day to me! ;-D

Sweetpea said...

hi, came by from water learner's blog. i love your dog britney! such soft fur and nose. can't say for the pop singer though :P

merry christmas and happy new year :)

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...