Thursday 14 February 2008

A box of chocolates

My life has been like a big box of chocolates, sometimes bitter, sometimes sweet, other times, nutty. Until now, I never know what I'm gonna get but I love every bit of it.

Like I never knew who I was going to meet or that I could fall in love again. But I always knew that I am always willing to learn or change myself if I have to.

Today, I met up with Amy, a lady I admire. I often question the motivation behind my desire to meet certain people but I have not found the answer. It's not a quest for fame or attention. I'm not even that opinionated but if I feel strongly about a topic, I write to the press to express my views. For the same reason, I leave comments in people's blog or write to newspaper journalists. And, if someone moves me greatly, I will try to communicate with that person.

I'm always glad for that. Just like this morning, I walked out of Amy's house with a spring in my steps. What started out as a casual breakfast chat turned into a 4-hour heart-to-heart talk which I enjoyed very much. It was no longer about the arduous hike in the Appalachian. We talked about life in general and the need for self renewal over a platter of fruits, nuts and floral tea. Through her, I found new meaning to the word 'reincarnation'. I must try to reincarnate myself constantly by reflecting on my life and actions, tossing out the undesirable habits and moving forward with an awareness.

It is quite unusual for two strangers to click so well in one meeting. In a few weeks' time, Amy will begin her round-the-world trip, occupying herself with her family-tree project, talks, conservation work, family reunions and other things that matter to her.

She'll definitely be missed. Because she didn't try to conceal her mirth of the exciting months ahead, that merriment must have been contagious for I am suddenly looking forward to my golden years too.

13 comments:

fishwithoutbicycle said...

Hi Blur Ting, Amy sounds like a truly inspirational woman. It's great that you have someone like that in your life. Will you keep in touch while she is traveling?

Blur Ting said...

Hi Fish, yes we will stay in touch via email. In fact, she'll be returning to USA East Coast sometime ths year to do some conservation work.

MakeTraffic said...

Hi Blur Ting, Happy Valentine's Day!

Valentine blessing for you, May you be blessed.

http://projectheavytraffic.blogspot.com/2008/02/may-you-be-blessed.html

The Real Mother Hen said...

That's really nice.

Michelle said...

Oh, that one was lovely. :-)

I met a lady like Amy about 6 years ago. Some people step into your life for the briefest time... and change it completely.

This story of yours also reminded me of a story on another friend of mine's blog.His story here about the man on the bycycle...
http://gypsycafe.wordpress.com/

By the Way.. is it Blur or Ting? I never know which to call you for short. :-\

SOUL said...

sounds like a really nice time. i love it when conversation comes easy!
happy valentines day

WaterLearner said...

Such if the goodness of good honest communication. I can feel that you have really benefitted much from this casual meeting. I am sure Amy must have been pleased to meet such a down-to-earth, strong and positive lady like you.

There are certain people whom I would also try to meet up. And for things that I feel fervent about, I would really give my view. Haha, just last weekend, I complained fervently to everyone when the Straits Times put up a nearly two page article on getting 4D numbers by tattooing numbers on fish and see them swimming around to getting "inspiration" on what numbers to bet. To me, this is plain cruelty. Haha.. I have side tracked too much :-)

Have a Beautiful Day Ting! Continue to live life with passion and enthusiasm. This would bring goodness to not only you and your loved ones, but fellow bloggers around you like myself.

Cheers!

Blur Ting said...

Thanks Traffic. Hope yours was nice too

Blur Ting said...

Yup MH. In fact, she's outspoken and witty like you. She reminds me of you actually and I told her that. She said we could all meet up one say!

Blur Ting said...

Hi Michelle, I'll hop over to read about the man and the bicycle. I remember you have some good stories yourself. I enjoyed all of them.

My real name is Ting. My blog name is blur ting cos I'm quite a blur person :-)

Blur Ting said...

Hi Soul, happy valentine's day to you too!

Blur Ting said...

Hi Water, yup, some of the things she said yesterday are really valuable and have been on my mind until now.

I can tell you're a compassionate person who cannot tolerate unjustice in this world. We need more people like you!

Amel said...

This is WONDERFUL to hearrrrr!!! :-))) As long as people have some purpose in life, the golden years are as exciting as ever! :-)))

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...