Sunday 17 February 2008

Green fingers

My colleague has green fingers. Her loving attention to our office plants has resulted in gorgeous blooms all year round. Look at what's blooming today!


We're also looking forward to the lion dance performance later this morning. It's an important tradition, performed as part of the Chinese New Year festivities to bring luck and happiness. Combining art, history and kung fu moves, the lion dance will be accompanied by a band of musicians playing a large drum, cymbals and a gong. It's going to be fun to watch. Will post photos later!

4 comments:

The Real Mother Hen said...

The other day I saw a really beautiful indoor plant at the doctor's. I wanted to ask the nurse what the plant is, but husband said it would be too embarrassing.
So I didn't ask! ARH :()

Blur Ting said...

Aiya, you should have asked. That's why men are from mars, and we're from venus. Like you, I always wanted to ask questions but YK would say "Don't be so 'extra'. So embarrassing."

La delirante said...

Beautiful! I would love to have green fingers :)

The World According To Me said...

I've missed your blog in Barcelona!

The flowers are blooming lovely!

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...