Tuesday 19 August 2008

Gifts of love

I went back to mum's place this afternoon to find some lovely gifts waiting for me. My sis-in-law got us a beautiful crockery set from iwannagohome. She the one with great taste and has chosen designs and colours to match our decor. YK had always wanted to get table ware from this place but I didn't want to be too indulgent. So my thoughtful sis-in-law has somehow read his mind. Thanks Ginny! Oh, they had also given us a breakfast maker earlier.

Aren't these pretty? Designed by award winning designer Christopher Vine, the plates and mugs feature chandelier and cutlery motifs and are packed in beautiful boxes. I love them!

My other sis-in-law has also given us a food steamer (below). It'll be perfect for steaming eggs (SK's fav) and sweet potato (my fav) for breakfast! My brother has also paid for our Sony TV (above in the background).

Of course, I must thank my dearest pal in Oregon who paid for the washer (below). Thanks MH! I did my first load this evening. The clothes are now spinning in the dryer.

CH has contributed a stereo, grill and money for me to get whatever I want. My friend Amy is sending me a gift that she bought from a store called Ting all the way from Norway.
Aren't I a lucky girl? I'm so blessed to have friends and family like them. Thanks everyone!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heh, you can thank my sister for the grill. When can we start cooking?

The Real Mother Hen said...

Wow nice crockery set Ginny got you :)

Steamer is very useful. You know, for the longest time I don't steam, leaving the steamer untouched, but recently I've begun to steam glutenous rice to eat with mango, and I love it. I'm going to get some sweet potatoes when they are in season and steam them, just like you do! :)

Glad that everything is coming together for you Ting :)

Anonymous said...

Indeed you are! Everything is coming together.....furnishing a house is expensive..but you got all the love and support behind you! Those are awesome dishes!

Unknown said...

hurray for loved ones!

J@n!ce said...

You are such a lucky gal with so many sponsers for your new place :)

The World According To Me said...

Bless your friends and family.

Anonymous said...

You should blog about upcoming houseware brands. Maybe you'll score some freebies like Mooiness :-)

Blur Ting said...

CH -We can officially start cooking in August! Then you can come for wholesome home cooked dinners.

Blur Ting said...

MH - yes, indeed. The packaging is so nice, I'm keeping them too.

I like steaming so much I once put a steamer in the office and soon realised that steaming in an enclosed space isn't such a good idea after all. Wah, I must try steaming that Thai dessert too!

Blur Ting said...

JY - Yah, I wonder when the spending will end? The fridge is still empty...sigh. More stuff to buy.

Blur Ting said...

Shello -Oh, you ccan say that again. I would not have come this far if not for them.

Blur Ting said...

Hi Janice! Yes I know! So lucky leh.

Blur Ting said...

World - Yes indeed.

Blur Ting said...

CH - What a good idea but how can you compare me to Mooiness. He gets thousands of eyeballs a day you know!

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...