Sunday 14 September 2008

Birthday wish

My eyes are a little puffy this morning. Not from partying the night before but from getting too emotional after leaving my parent's home after dinner. Rusty wanted to follow us back again and my sis-in-law had to feed him mooncakes just to keep him inside the house.

When I looked out from the car, he had already rushed to the window by the garage, looking at us wistfully as we were driving off. I couldn't bear to see his face. I was too heartbroken and then the floodgates of tears just opened and could not stop.

I felt like a mother who had abandoned a helpless baby at the doorsteps of a orphanage. I felt for all the mothers in the world who, for whatever reasons, could not be with their own child. My heart ached for all the dogs at Noah's Ark. How can I do this to an innocent dog who had been pining for us all week?

So my birthday wish is to be reunited with Rusty as soon as possible. I can't wait for the school holidays to start in November so that he could be back with us again. In future, I'm going to look for an office that's dog-friendly so that Rusty can follow me to work everyday. We won't be apart again.

I received a call early this morning. It's my niece Ting who called to sing me a birthday song. It was very touching and sweet. Then I asked her, "What's Rusty doing?"

"Rusty's doing something.... He's outside with grandpa."

That brought some cheer. Rusty's fine. Everyone loves him. Silly me!

7 comments:

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

I hope your birthday wishes come through and you and Rusty will be together again soon. I like the bond you and Rusty share ...

The Real Mother Hen said...

Hey Ting, this tells me that you have a lot of love stored inside you, and you just need to channel it to somewhere.

In this case, you channel it to Rusty, in addition to all the people you love.

You have a big heart.

Blur Ting said...

Aiya, I think I need to set up a foster home. All animals and kids are welcome. When it's time for them to leave, I'll cry my heart out. :-(

Anonymous said...

Yeah you need to get started on that foster home! Poor Rusty, but he'll be fine when you're back together again!

WaterLearner said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!

May you stay Young & Healthy and Cheery always!!

The World According To Me said...

Rusty is surrounded by love, he'll be fine. He's a lucky dog and he's just showing you how much he loves you!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I wish you all the best things in life! You deserve it.

Amel said...

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear this, but yeah, at least there are many people there to accompany Rusty, but I do hope that he can stay with you more often in the future. ;-D

And forgot to wish you HEALTH, JOY, and MORE laughter and love!!! ;-D

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...