Saturday 27 December 2008

Prata on Sunday

I've finally completed my chores, the house is spick and span again. For how long? I don't know! Many people are already spring cleaning for the Chinese New Year. It's way too early for me to start. With two boys and a dog, the house will be messy again tomorrow.

We had chicken curry and roti prata for lunch. With just days to go before my resolution (healthy eating and exercising) starts, I'll eat as sinfully as I can before the deadline. Might as well open a can of Tiger Beer to wash all that spicy food down.

Talking about prata, I saw a scene at the meat stall at the market that grossed me out completely. While the stall owner was busy attending to customers in front, there were black birds (crows I think) pecking at raw chicken and mutton at the back of his stall. That was so horrible and unhygenic. I had never patronised that stall (and will never do so). What if he supplies contaminated meat to the prata shops nearby?

So I always cook my own curry. I made Indian curry today using tomatoes, potatoes, chicken and curry paste. I didn't add coconut milk so the stock is not too rich. I even buy frozen pratas and cook them at home. They may not taste as delicious as the store bought ones but at least I know the food is clean and hygenic. Some people may think I'm paranoid...


Gimme a Tiger!

It's 3pm, I need a break. It's time to retire to my cosy chair and read the newspapers but it looks like somebody has beat me to it.
Rusty! GET UP!


Guess who won again?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It all sounds yummy. But curry doesn't sound so unhealthy... the beer...maybe...but as long as you are not drinking it nightly!! Ha ha ha....

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

I was out at the mall today and CNY decor and songs are already out! Christmas isn't even over yet.

And Tiger is my favourite brand of beer :D

The World According To Me said...

Hello

Sorry I haven't been about for a while. I hope you are well.

Yuk, I don't like the sound of that meat stall. But I do like the sound of your curry!

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...