Tuesday 17 February 2009

I made it!

Yes, I survived! I made it through a long day of meetings and a mouth full of ulcers with the help of 2 painkillers, 3 cups of coffee and a cup of tea.

Then again, I can't help but feel so old. When we were treating our important customers to lunch at a posh restaurant today, one of the guys' eyes suddenly lighted up. I turned around and saw a bevy of gorgeous ladies waving as they walked towards us. I counted 5 young ladies togged in body hugging designer clothes, flashing their beautiful smiles as they sashayed over.

As it turns out, they're our competitors in the same industry. They stopped by to say hello to our guests (who are also their customers) and moved on to their own table for lunch. I turned to my colleague (an industry veteran) and whispered, "Look at them! We've got to inject some new blood into our team!"

Seriously, our combined age is equivalent to the 5 young women added together. Lately, I'm almost convinced we're in a sunset industry but the sun seems to be shining brightly elsewhere. I hate to admit it but like a breath of fresh air, they make the future look so promising.

At the risk of sounding like a grumpy old lady, I actually sat through several meetings without dozing off except for the one right after lunch where I fought to stay awake. Anyway, the day's over and I'm a day older. Tomorrow is another new day. I pray that we don't run into another bunch of sweet young things again.

10 comments:

Fresh Fry aka 福星 said...

wah, 人肉市场! next time ask me along also, can? i want to "wash eyes" also. kekekeke.....

*hurrily fades away*

*WIDE GRIN*

mooiness said...

Would it be fair to assume that it is mostly men who make the purchase decisions in the industry that you sell into? In which case, hiring young attractive women as sales people makes a lot of sense. :)

Blur Ting said...

Heh, Fry. You be the SWT!

Blur Ting said...

Mooiness- Yes, it is a male dominated industry and the decision makers are mostly male. I must admit it was refreshing to see a gaggle of cheery young beauties but sigh... what about us?

Fresh Fry aka 福星 said...

jokes aside, i understand your predicament, Blur Ting. my industry is male-dominated too (banking), sibei cham.....

i at the grand old age of 31 (coming 3rd March) is definitely still *ahem*young*ahem* but sweet? hehe....the panel is still out! LOL

oh oh, and hor, i dun wear designer stuff + definitely not bosomy. heng, else top-heavy then i kiao-guu (slouch) then i uglier liao. LMAO

k@Ye_ said...

No choice leh... Men in general loves EYE CANDY! Haha, bring me along.. I also like to see pretty gals leh!

Tell u SWT can't beat one lah! They got looks, you got the looks + brains!

The Real Mother Hen said...

Ah, just treat your clients to Orchard Plaza (I'm referring to the place near to Tanglin which has plenty of young girls loitering around, I think it's Orchard Plaza though I'm no longer sure what it is called), and they will probably buy from you immediately after such an outing :)

Good luck.

Blur Ting said...

Fry - Aiyo, don't say yourself until like that lei.

Blur Ting said...

Kaye -Actually I also like to see eye candy :-)

Blur Ting said...

MH - Hmmm, now why didn't I think of that before!

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...