Sunday 8 February 2009

Same old same old

When I was young, I couldn't understand why my father only wore blue or white shirts. Until now his wardrobe still comprises dark pants and shirts in varying shades of blue.

Though he changes his car every few years, he always ends up driving the SAME make and model, albeit the newest version. Well, it is a good and reliable car but we were always hoping for a variation and the only variation we've seen is a change in colour.

I've come to realise that I'm becoming quite an old bore. I've been driving the same car (which is different from my dad's) for four years now and I'm contemplating a change. It's no surprise I'm thinking of buying back the same make and model, albeit a new and improved version. A different colour would be nice.

When I was rummaging through my wardrobe this morning, I realise how limited the styles of my clothes are. The skirts and pants are almost always in the same cutting or colour, and the shirts are either black or white.

Even when it comes to hairstyle, I've had the same old style for years. I know it suits me, so I don't want to change a thing.

No wonder mum says I haven't changed very much since I was a kid. If any of my childhood friends were to bump into me in the streets, chances are they can recognise me. Maybe I'm too old fashioned but I take that as a compliment.

9 comments:

Burcu said...

Hey hey hey! Plzz don't say "when i was young"...Come on Blur, you're still young, haven't you looked at the mirror?
You know when you get used something, you can not easily quit. For example i love being blond and only thing i change with my hair is it's tones. Still blond. If you're pleased with what you see when you look at the mirror, no need to make any changes because this is your choice!
About car...:)i still don't have 1!

Kisses

Fresh Fry aka 福星 said...

me think we're both neck to neck in this. and i'm only 30 years old!

*hides behind coconut tree*

Anonymous said...

Well... they say like mother like daughter..or maybe in your case..like father like daughter??? Seriously... why change a good THING????

J@n!ce said...

You'll be surprised that I used to wear so much black when I'm working. My wardrobe top & bottom in BLACKS..... haha....

however, after having kids... my wardrobe more colorful now. Mostly pink & red !! :):)

Blur Ting said...

Burcu, sorry I can't help it. I just did it again in my latest post!

Blur Ting said...

Fry - :-) You make me conjure imagines of Bollywood actors prancing around under coconut groves.

Blur Ting said...

JY - Yes, if the hairstyle fits, wear it until you go bald!

Blur Ting said...

Janice - Hard to imagine cos you clothes now are colourful!

Fresh Fry aka 福星 said...

i 30 years old and so LKK liao, so i shy mah, so i hide behind the coconut tree lor......hehehehe....

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...