Wednesday 4 February 2009

SK's hermit crabs

I love animals and I enjoy looking at colourful marine fishes but I just can't bring myself to love a crab. YK has been urging me to play with his hermit crabs and I wouldn't even touch them. What else can they do besides hide in their shells all day, eat and walk about. I think they look like aliens.




When I was at the container yard this afternoon, one of the dogs (a big brown mongrel) which I have not met before kept sniffing my legs and wanted to follow me home. I would be tempted to bring it home if it was a puppy. Then again, I can't keep another pet in my house.

Now that Rusty has recovered, he's taking his walks very seriously again. In fact, he's back with a vengeance. Yesterday, he made me walk him for almost an hour. In the end, I was the one growling "Rusty! let's go home!" "This way Rusty!"

One Rusty, two hermit crabs and an aquarium teeming with corals and fishes... that's more than enough!

9 comments:

Burcu said...

I imagined they were smaller but in photos they look hugeee!:) And is it you who's holding them?

The Real Mother Hen said...

Maybe need a cat to complete the picture? :)

The World According To Me said...

I agree, they do look like aliens!

Blur Ting said...

Burcu, they're rather small. I know you're afraid of them :-) and that's SK holding them.

Blur Ting said...

MH - You don't say! YK has been bugging me for one but I said NO! I wonder if Rusty and kitty can get along or not...

Blur Ting said...

World - Indeed! :-)

J@n!ce said...

Interesting !! This is the first time I see hermit crabs. I'm so ignorant !! haha :)

Blur Ting said...

Janice, don't worry. Your two sons will introduce you to lots of things you never knew existed!

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

I'm scared to death of live crabs! LOL!

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...