Tuesday 15 September 2009

The big idea

My gardening business is up and running, the container business is already 7 years old and I'm already starting another new project. My mind is always churning out new ideas and in my state of excitement, nothing seems impossible! If I'm beginning to look like a jack of all trades, I can't help it. It's just the entrepreneur in me.

I must admit some of the stupidest ideas had crossed my mind but hey, weird ideas may work sometimes. While alot of impractical ideas have ended up in the bin, I'm still not discouraged.

Reading the success stories in today's special supplement on "The Entrepreneur of the Year 2009 - A Rotary-ASME Award" only inspires me to work harder. The top entrepreneurs represent diverse industries like healthcare, F&B, construction, retail and logistics etc.

If they can be successful, I don't see why other people cannot make it. What these winners have is the drive, passion and willingness to work harder than everyone else.

I know that as long as I don't stop thinking and dreaming, I will hit the big idea one day.

9 comments:

The Real Mother Hen said...

Actually to me, you're already very successful, I mean, you have a wonderful life, great kids, loving CH, a profitable business, all attributes of a successful person :)

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

I have to echo the real mother hen, I think you're already pretty successful :D

huier said...

Yes! Keep up the spirit, Ting! =)

charlie hotel said...

She's going to be our own Richard Branson, but prettier : )

Petunia Lee said...

Man! You inspire me!

auntielucia said...

Successful entrepreneurs are those who not only talk n think, but also act.. believe u r one of them!

Anonymous said...

You have proven record. Indeed you are in bull run, just do it , cheers !

Amel said...

CONGRATS on the gardening business going so well and GOOD LUCK on another project.

I SALUTE you, BT! You really are an inspiration to me. I should also try to find out some business ideas since it's SO hard to find a decent job (decent = something I'd enjoy doing) here in Sodankylä.

EE said...

Talking about "七年之痒" haha!!
Wishing you all success in your new biz venture!

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...