Wednesday 9 December 2009

Mad dash

So I've stopped running for one year and the result ain't pretty. Slowly, my wardrobe is being replaced with loose fitting dresses in dark colours. The empire cut is the best because it enhances the bosom and hides the tummy.

While I've never felt slim when I was running faithfully, I feel positively fat once I've slackened. But really, little by little, it sneaks up on you. By the time your favourite jeans feels too snug, it's too late.

The once muscular thighs now resemble orange-peel. Cellulite is a girl's worst enemy, it will not spare the skinniest woman, I don't even want to discuss what it does to me.

When our flight to Phuket was confirmed, I hit the panic button. It's going to be a sea-centric holiday. That means snorkeling, scuba diving, island hopping and wearing swimwear all day. There's no way I'm going to flaunt my flab for a week.

Well, with 6 days to go before the vacation, I've embarked on a fitness regime. I get up early to run around the neighbourhood and I pedal madly on the exercise bike which has been collecting dust in the corner.

I'm also trying to eat less so that I can eat more while I'm on holiday. Yes, I want to look good but I'm not going to deprive myself of good Thai food!

3 comments:

Amel said...

GOOD LUCK on your exercise regime! I also have to get back on my exercise regime - better do it more 'coz I've gained some weight after going back to Indo (and before I start doing any training or going to any course) he he...

Anonymous said...

*Roll eyes*

The World According To Me said...

Oh I know that feeling only too well! Good luck with the fitness programme, amazing what one can do when one puts ones mind to it!

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...