Sunday 7 February 2010

Chinese New Year

We're celebrating Chinese New Year in less than a week and I haven't done anything festive. There are no hanging decorations or festive goodies in our home. I have not bought any auspicious flowers or pussywillows for the garden. I have even forgotten to get the kids some new clothes until SK asked for extra allowance to go shopping with his friends. YK is too busy mugging for his final exams to care about clothes but he is looking forward to receiving hong baos (lucky money).

When we were living with my parents, I could literally feel the hive of activity building up day by day. Dad would go into a buying frenzy and there will be family discussions on what to cook for the reunion dinner. The mood was infectious.

Now that we've moved out and I'm not a stickler for tradition, I haven't been affected by the shopping frenzy going around me. Maybe I should make a trip to Chinatown to get myself into the festive mood.

7 comments:

Chee Hoew said...

Let's go! We can buy fireworks!

k@Ye_ said...

Went to Chinatown 2 weeks ago with Ms Piggy & PK to enjoy the festive mood....

The place is super packed, highly recommended to park ur car near Maxwell food centre or take MRT...

Got some CNY decorations stuff & cute red packets!

Blur Ting said...

CH - Yup. We'll take the train there!

Blur Ting said...

Kaye - I remember how packed it was the last time I went. Gee, I don't really like crowded places....

Burcu said...

Ohh pls don't forget to take some pics of your decoration for CNY.
By the way, i might be wrong but everyyear Chineese people give a name to the new year. If so, then how you gonna name this year?

auntielucia said...

To Borcu: They name this year Tiger, as in Tiger Beer! :-D

Blur Ting said...

Thanks Aunty Lucia, for replying Burcu :-)

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...