Friday 21 May 2010

Lazy rainy day

It has been drizzling all morning and I am happy because it is a Saturday. Luckily mum cancelled her physiotherapy session at the hospital or else I'll be out driving around in the rain.

The rain didn't stop me from walking to the market to get some fresh clams. It's the perfect weather for comfort food - pasta vongole. I'll be cooking with chives and basil fresh from my garden.

After lunch, I will settle down to read the papers. Who cares about housework on a lazy rainy day like this!

Pasta Vongole recipe

Boil pasta according to instructions.

In a thick based pot, heat up some olive oil. Add in chopped onion, garlic and chilli padi. Cook until fragrant. Splash in some white wine or Chinese cooking wine.

Add in 1kg of live clams (I prefer the ones with thinner shell as they are more flavourful) and cover the lid. After 5 minutes, check to see that clams have all opened up. Toss in the chives and basil. (this is optional as some people do not like the herbs in their pasta)

I usually remove all the shells for easy eating. The stock is rich and flavourful, so there is no need to add any salt or seasoning. Toss in the pasta and serve immediately.

2 comments:

JY69 said...

Take advantage! It's hotter than h*ll here!!!!

Petunia Lee said...

Oooooooooooooh! Must post recipe!!

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...