Tuesday 5 July 2011

Success!

My kids love steamed egg. They never fail to order chawan mushi at the Japanese restaurant or the simple savory egg custard at the mixed vegetable stall. Maybe it's because they know they can never get it at home. I've tried but the results had never been satisfactory.

When I saw the drool-worthy photo in one of my favourite blogs this morning, I knew I had to surprise the kids with this dish today. The writer Terri makes it sound so simple and fool-proof, I just had to try.

I worked on this dish quietly in the kitchen. Then I set the finished masterpiece on the dining table without any fanfare. When the kids asked what it was, I said "Just try it" as nonchalantly as I could.

What I heard next made my heart swell with pride. "You've made it! It's a success! You should cook this more often."

I'm not particularly fond of egg custard but this particular one was so delicious, I couldn't stop eating. It's healthy and easy to prepare. All you need is eggs, minced meat, mushroom and spring onion. You can find the recipe here.

Thanks Terri, for sharing this fantastic recipe!

7 comments:

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

This has to be my all time favorite dish!

Petunia Lee said...

This is what I will cook tonight.

Blur Ting said...

Hey Nick - You should make too!

Blur Ting said...

Petunia - Terri's photo really looks so good right?

Fresh Fry aka 福星 said...

*scribbles down in Fry's note*

The World According To Me said...

I'm going to try it! Thanks for the tip, need healthy new receipes!

Petunia Lee said...

yeah!

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...