Monday 15 October 2012

Bringing up babies

Last Friday, we went to visit the newly minted mommy and her three-week old baby. For a couple of hours, five mommies were engaged in animated discussion about poop colour, breastfeeding and bringing up babies. Wen Ai brought her charming Beanie who kept us entertained while the newborn slept peacefully in her cot.
Little Beanie.
Looking at the cute little ones brought back memories of the days when my boys were little. I've had my share of anxieties but had to contend with flipping through my guidebooks for answers. I also sought help from confinement nannies and relatives.

The modern mommies today turn to friends or support groups and receive feedback instantly via Facebook or Whatsapp.

The methods may have changed but as the saying goes - It takes a village to raise a child.

4 comments:

Open Kitchen Concept said...

I cant tell you how nice it was to have you guys over - to share adult conversations and laughter! And oh my, Beanie is growing up to be such a BEAUTY like her mum! :) Thanks for coming over and for the carrier!

Blur Ting said...

We have been through this before and I remember craving adult company during confinement period too. Having a baby brings changes to our lives and we have to make lots of adjustments.

We would love to come visit more often. Do let us know if you want company or kueh kueh!

Petunia Lee said...

Ting is back at blogging!! Yay! I now get to read these simply happy posts to add a bit of zing to my day!!

Wen-ai said...

That's a really nice picture of Beanie! ;) You have captured her "essence"!

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...